Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013

One Year Past Heart Surgery

I can't believe that I have had this blog up for over a year and that my husband's chronic total occlusion procedure was a year ago this past Tuesday.

It has been an amazing year.  He is still doing very well and still has not had a chest pain since the procedure last December 3rd.  I would say, in that light, that the procedure was a huge success.

We have been living on a low fat plant based diet  for a year now.

DH has since lost 50 pounds, has gotten off of his lisinopryl, bystolic, and had his Simvastatin decreased to 20 mg.  In two weeks, he will go off of his Plavix, and will only maintain a regular medication regimen of the statin and a baby aspirin.

He has grown in his vitality and happiness over this past year.

I feel healthier too, being able to exercise with more vigor, and sleeping better, although my hiatal hernia still gives me fits and makes me think I have heart trouble.

I am so grateful for this extra productive year we have had together and I'm hoping and looking forward to many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment