Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

SVT Today - Positional Trigger

So, the SVT's that I have had this past year fall in this timeline....

October 2012 - Lasted for an hour and had to have adenosine conversion by paramedics.

January 2013 - Lasted for 15 minutes and converted on my own.

June 2013 - Lasted for 20 minutes and converted on my own.

July 2013 - Lasted for 5 seconds and converted on my own.

August 2013 - Lasted 7 minutes and converted on my own.

In all of the cases above my SVT's were triggered either by slouching or bending at the waist.  My new focus will be to eat smaller and more frequent meals and bend at the knees.  It's better for my back anyway,  right?

I would be the happiest person on this earth if I could go many months without an SVT, and avoid medication, or surgery by these two relatively simple lifestyle changes.  I'll keep you posted.

On the conversion front, vasal vagal maneuvers have never worked for me.  Even when I had the paramedics with me helping me do them in October, they didn't work.  Vasal vagal maneuvers just make me more panicky, because they aren't working.  At the suggestion of others who have successfully converted on their own consistently, I have learned that sitting or lying down quietly to quiet my speeding heart works best.  I can't be thinking about the SVT.  I have to have my mind occupied with something else, and in the last six conversions that's what happened.  Someone in the family said something to get my mind off of it, and it converted on it's own.  I also drink five 8 oz. glasses of water and take a magnesium pill.  I don't know if it's the water, the magnesium, or the quieting, but I will continue to do all three because all three are good for me.

I will say that the conversion is one of the best feelings in the world when it happens on it's own.  More updates to come.

Are you dealing with SVT?  Please know that if you are, you are not alone.  I have concern and care for anyone who deals with this condition.  I hope that together we can all come up with a non-surgical/non-medication solution for this, but it helps to know you are not alone.

Boy, I am a lot more calm about this condition than I was a year ago.  I still hate it, but I'm not as anxious as I used to be about it.

I'll let you all know if I have anymore after trying my new changes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment